Monday, May 17, 2010

Heavy on the compliments

After I swiftly and successfully diffused yet another phone call from an eager telemarketer trying to talk my boss into buying whatever it was said salesman was selling, my boss declared, "Suzie, you are worth your weight in GOLD!"

Most would take this as an encouraging comment and MOVE ON.

I am not most.

Thanks to the magic of Google, I determined that the current value of GOLD! is right around $1,226.28 per ounce. Throw in my killer math skills, and you get $19,620.48 per pound. Now, if we go by my "official" weight (you know, the one on my driver's license), that puts my worth in the ballpark of 2.7 MILLION dollars. This is a rather large ballpark, mind you, so my true weight, like the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa, shall remain a mystery.

Now back to Suzie's value, as expressed in terms of precious metal.

If only the boss could figure out how to use Google, he'd tell me I'm worth my weight in a far more feasible metallic, like used aluminum cans or recycled paper clips.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine what figure I could come up with for your value if I did the (creative)math! You could find yourself well above the $2.7 million mark. Or a paper clip.

    ReplyDelete