Sunday, May 9, 2010

Leanna Marie





Dear Mom,

One day, when I'm in charge, I'm going to make 2 separate Mother's Days. One for all the regular, run-of the-mill mothers, and another just for YOU. Also, one day, when I'm in charge, I'm going to choose your nursing home. But that's another story for another day.


Your favorite child daughter,
Suzannah Leigh


p.s.
This makes me think of you:

The Parent


Children aren't happy with nothing to ignore,
And that's what parents were created for.


-Ogden Nash (who is coincidentally my favorite poet, thanks to you)

2 comments:

  1. Aww...thank you! You are the best daughter. I thank God everyday for making me your mom. Now, about the nursing home...just make sure you come visit me often so you can pluck those chin hairs. Mine, not yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure the nursing home has a whole calendar day per month dedicated to old-lady-facial-hair removal. It's between liver & onions and porridge day and cross-stitching kittens onto dish towels day.

    ReplyDelete