Thursday, March 18, 2010

SnoBloggery



#2 - Droopy's


Let me start by saying this. I am a loyal fan of Ro-bear's. They are my numero uno of Harahan snoball stands. They are my childhood. My fondest memories. When Droopy's opened up shop many years ago DIRECTLY across the street, it hurt my feelings a bit. Like when Krispy Kreme opened right across Clearview from Tastee Donuts. It just ruffled my feathers and made me want to be fiercely loyal to the original.

That being said, Droopy's is locally owned (as I assume all snoball stands are). They aren't the corporate bad-guy across the street. They aren't Krispy Kreme. When they moved to their temporary Metairie location last year, it was a bit strange. However, they are back (almost) to their old location on Jefferson Highway. And they are tasty.

I had the Red Velvet. The ice was perfection. The syrup was a near exact representation of red velvet cake. And props to the employees for service with a smile despite the fact that we got there 2 minutes before closing time. Oops! I tipped them accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment