Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Austin Puppy!

Dear Austin,

You were born exactly 9 years ago today.

This is what you looked like at 6 weeks old, the day we brought you home.

You've been through an absurd amount of your fair share of ups and downs during your life.

You got big really fast. Here's you at only 2 1/2 months.

Then you broke your tibia. That was fun not fun. One day I will devote an entire chronicle to telling that story.
Then you moved across the country with us. This too, one day, will be chronicled.
Then this happened. In fact, many things happened that I have yet to chronicle. But I will. Ohhhh, I will.

Then you got really big and thought nothing of regularly crushing me under your 108 lbs.

Then you became a vegetarian. Not really. But you love to eat watermelon. And pumpkins. In fact, we let you carve your own every Halloween.


Then you went through some odd phases. Here's your redneck phase.

And your cowboy phase.


And your topless phase.


You are such a good boy. You haven't always been. But you are now. Not only do I love you, but I genuinely LIKE you.
Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to my first granddog! I'm glad you finally moved out of the puppy phase (what, about two years ago?)...now, I really like you, too.

    Love,
    Grammie --the one who feeds you extra treats when the parents are out of town. Shhh.

    ReplyDelete